Most people who are missing teeth replace them with dentures, a set of false teeth set on a plate that fits over the gums in the mouth. Partial dentures and full dentures are available for both the upper and lower set of teeth. Without teeth, smiling is not easy and it can deeply affect your confidence. Dentures ensure that you can smile without worry. Need more information about dentures? Learn more with the five faces below.
1. You can eat with dentures, despite many people thinking differently. While you may not be able to eat the same foods as you do with real teeth, dentures do make it possible to eat. An adjustment period where you eat soft foods can help you better transition.
2. It takes dentures approximately 2- 4 weeks to settle into the gums and the mouth. Some discomfort may be experienced during this time. After this period, you must go back to the dentist to have the dentures relined.
3. It is possible to get your teeth pulled and to get dentures on the very same day! Many patients do not want to smile without their teeth. This procedure ensures that isn’t a concern. Make sure that your dentist clintonville ohio offers this service.
4. How much money should you expect to spend on a set of dentures? The average cost of dentures is about $1,300 or $1,550 if you want a same-day set. This cost varies from one dental professional to the next.
5. How will you pay for your new dentures? If you have dental insurance, most plans cover a majority of the costs of dentures. Check with your agent and policy to learn what is covered.
Your dentist can provide more information about dentures and help you regain the beautiful smile that you’ve lost. Don’t wait to make that call!